Business model canvas – plan your business in one page!April 25, 2016
Build an ethical and responsible businessApril 25, 2016
Lead your organization with style
Use this scenario to help young people learn about and practice different leadership styles.
When to use it:
- learning and understanding about leadership styles
- understanding the advantages and disadvantages of each leadership style
Size of the group: 15 people
Age of the group: over 14 years old
Preparation: 25 min.
Presentation: 45 min.
- flip-chart papers
- print out the three scenarios, with the three types of leaders (democratic leader, laissez-faire leader, and autocratic leader) from here.
- read 5.8. Lead your organization with style.
- Split the participants in three groups, and select from each group one person, who will be designated as the leader of the group;
- Provide to each leader (but NOT to the groups) one of the three scenarios from here.
- While the three leaders read their scenarios, provide to each group a flip-chart paper and markers; and tell them that they will receive instructions from their own leader.
- Now, leave the groups to be led by their leaders and do the tasks, for about 15 min.
- Each group should present their decisions and results regarding the tasks.
- What behaviors did you identify at your leaders? What about at your followers?
- How did you feel as a leader or as a member of a team during the play role?
- How efficient was each meeting?
- What were the advantages and disadvantages of each meeting, caused by the leadership style?
For step 2, you can provide another situation where leadership and organization is needed, in accordance with your audience’s age and cultural background.
Use this scenario to help young people learn about companies’ responsibilities towards different stakeholders, and about the basic ethical principles in business.
Use this scenario to help young people understand how production, sales and market are connected, and how market, customers and competition influence one’s business.
Use this scenario to help young people to understand what entrepreneurial skills are.