Welcome to yourKite Online Training
This online training, as a part of YourKITE project, is designed for youth workers, teachers and anyone who is and will work with youths in the field of entrepreneurship, visual communication, volunteering and career counseling. It includes interactive course modules to provide what you need to know to successfully deliver workshops in these four main themes to young people. It’s a great way to prove your skills as a trainer and learn engaging methods to teach entrepreneurship, volunteering and media-communication skills, career counseling practices; as well as you will improve yourself in trainer methodology. Both novice and experienced trainers get first-hand practical and up-to-date information and earn certification directly from YourKITE affirming those skills — a definitive step on the path of your career as a youth worker.
For many of you, this may be your first online training, so let’s first get acquainted with the structure of the training, and poke around a little to see how things will work.
Before getting into the details and topics of the course, you might be wondering if this online training is one of those monologic webinars. The answer is simply no. It is not a webinar, but a complete online learning experience which requires you to interact and engage all the time.
Another useful point to raise here is that this training is not in the claim of providing a whole package to you, but a glimpse of the themes. For a more detailed orientation and examples, you can consult our toolkit from this link.
PURPOSE AND STRUCTURE
- The online training consists of five main modules: (1) training methodology; (2) volunteering; (3) entrepreneurship; (4) career counseling and (5) visual communication.
- These modules are made up from one, two, up to four sessions each, with instructions, exercises and assignments.
- You can take the training in English, Norwegian, Polish or Romanian.
- Training participants taking the modules should plan on spending between one and three hours on each session.
- During the training you can contact us by email all the time in English, Norwegian, Polish and Romanian and attend to live video sessions in English for your questions on announced dates*.
- Reading, collaboration and active participation are major components of the training.
- You can complete modules in different times. However, we recommend you to start with training methodology module.
- You can benefit from live video support on listed dates below.
- You can be eligible for the certificate issued by Your KITE after submitting an evaluation form about the course work until June 7th 2017.
Live session – training methodology 11 May 18.00 (CET)
Live Session – Visual Communication 22 May 18.00 (CET)
Live Session – Career Counseling 24 May 18.00 (CET)
Live Session – Entrepreneurship 29 May 18.00 (CET)
Live Session – Volunteering 5 June 18.00 (CET)
Although the training is mainly aimed at those who are working with youth, it is open to anyone who might be interested.
Also, register here for live sessions to get support from the trainers!
At the link above, write your name and email address.
You will receive a registration confirmation email with the link to the webinar room where the live sessions will take place.
We encourage you to join the webinar room 15 minutes before before the online session. We will then conduct a “warm up” session, during which we will explain how to use the ClickMeeting platform (eg, how to use chat, how to troubleshoot sound issues). It will also be an opportunity to check your computer’s sound settings or headphones.